SAVE THE DATE for the next Annual Scientific Meeting: 7 & 8 February 2021
The 2021 ASM will be held virtually and will continue with the tradition of a Sunday evening session and 2 sessions on the Monday.
The meeting will consider the emergence and evolution of SARS-CoV-2, healthcare worker infections and immunity to COVID-19, and look at responses around the world, including the Australian response.
Topics to be included are:
- Why we had no influenza in the 2020 season
- – Viral interference
- – Epidemiology
- – C0-infections of COVID and influenza in hospitals
- COVID-19 vaccine development
- Learnings from COVID-19 relevant to influenza and how COVID-19 improved influenza control
- Influenza vaccines that address immunosenescence
- What difference has COVID-19 made to all communicable diseases in hospitals and in the community?
- Rapid diagnostic tests and treatment options
- Pneumococcal disease
- – Recent changes to NIP
- Pneumococcal disease and COVID-19
- – Pneumococcal disease vaccination giving some protection
A draft program and information on presenters will be available soon.