- The Immunisation Coalition (IC) is committed to ensuring the privacy of individuals and is guided by the National Privacy Principles, which are set out in the Australian Privacy Act 1998. This policy provides information on the IC’s information handling practices. When information is collected directly from individuals and at any other time required by the law, we will provide further relevant information.
- We will only collect information from individuals when it is necessary or desirable for the performance of a business function, including the full range of our activities and services. The information we collect will depend on the individual’s relationship with us. Sensitive information will only be collected if the individual gives consent or if it is required by law.
- “Sensitive” information means information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political, professional or trade association, philosophical beliefs or affiliations, membership of trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record and health information.
- We only use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected and for secondary purposes that directly relate to the primary purpose’ of collection. (For example, a person may be required to fill in a form to register for our services, including credit references, administration and accounts etc, and we may use their contact details to send details of other services offered by us).
- Contact information held by us may also be used to inform individuals of special offers or additional services provided by us or our associated business partners and suppliers. The individual contacted will be provided with the option of not receiving further communication of this nature.
- We do not sell any of the personal information we collect. We will only disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or for a secondary purpose if it directly relates to the primary purpose. Individuals will be informed of this, and disclosure may be subject to the person signing a consent form at the point of collection.
- We may engage third parties to perform certain business functions. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to disclose personal information to those third parties and suppliers. Where this disclosure takes place, we seek to ensure that the personal information is handled by us and the third party in accordance with the Australian National Privacy Principles.
- We endeavour to protect personal information from unauthorised use, access, disclosure and alteration. IC employees and contractors are only provided with access to personal information that is relevant to their roles and responsibilities, and we seek to ensure that staff comply with this policy on the handling of personal information. IT protection systems and internal procedures are also used to protect the personal information. We will hold personal information until there is no longer a business or legal need to retain it.
- We seek to maintain the accuracy of personal information. We encourage a person to contact us if the information we hold about them is incorrect and to notify us if their personal information has been changed.
- A person can contact the Chief Executive Officer on +61 3 9863 8650 or firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to access the personal information we hold about them. We may require that they fill out a form to access this information. Access will be provided unless the request is unreasonable, the identity of the person requesting the information is not verified, or the Australian National Privacy Principles permit us to decline that access. As permitted by law, a fee may be requested to cover the cost of the access.
Complaints and Concerns
- If a person has any concerns about the handling of their personal information, they can contact the Chief Executive Officer on +6 3 98638650 or email@example.com. We may ask that they put your request in writing and will seek to resolve the concern as promptly as possible.
- We may modify or amend this policy at any time provided the policy still complies with the Privacy Act.