Held: Wednesday 20 July 2022 6pm AEST
Presenter: Angela Newbound
About the Webinar
The 2022 Pneumococcal Disease Webinar provides the latest facts about pneumococcal disease, currently available vaccines, the National Immunisation Program (NIP) and the PneumoSmart Vaccination Tool.
- The National Immunisation Program (NIP)
- S. pneumoniae and pneumococcal disease and possible progression pathway of disease
- Invasive pneumococcal disease in Australia
- High risk groups
- Vaccination recommendations and the different vaccines
- PneumoSmart Vaccination Tool (PVT), created to assist GPs, practice nurses, and other immunisation providers to comply with the Australian Immunisation Handbook recommendations
Angela Newbound is an Immunisation Education Consultant based in South Australia, and is a member of the Immunisation Coalition. She has been involved in immunisation program delivery in South Australia for over 20 years, originally as an immunisation provider and in program coordinator roles within the Divisions of General Practice, SA Health Immunisation Section, the Medicare Local Network and presently the Primary Health Network. Angela provides clinical advice, support and education to a wide range of immunisation providers across South Australia and contributes to the development of immunisation resources to assist providers with challenging aspects of the immunisation program.
Click here to view or download a PDF of the slide presentation.