The recording for this webinar will be available here soon.
Webinar: Pneumococcal Disease Vaccination
When: Held on Wednesday, 21st July 2021
Hosted by: Angela Newbound
Immunisation Specialist and IC Member
This webinar is an accredited activity for ACRRM
About the Webinar
The 2021 Pneumococcal Disease Webinar provides the latest facts about pneumococcal disease, current available vaccines, the National Immunisation Program (NIP) and the PneumoSmart Vaccination Tool.
- The National Immunisation Program (NIP)
- S. pneumoniae and pneumococcal disease and possible progression pathway of disease
- Invasive pneumococcal disease in Australia
- High risk groups
- Vaccination recommendations and the different vaccines
- PneumoSmart Vaccination Tool (PVT), created to assist GPs, practice nurses, and other immunisation providers to comply with the Australian Immunisation Handbook recommendations