After viewing this webinar, you will be able to:
- Review invasive pneumococcal disease burden in Australia
- Review the wide range of illnesses caused by invasive pneumococcal infection
- Understand the epidemiology of invasive pneumococcal disease, the different serotypes and the populations at most risk of morbidity and mortality
- Review available vaccines, and which are listed in the Immunisation Handbook and NIP Schedule as preventable therapies
- Be aware of the PneumoSmart Tool, a tool for HCPs to calculate patient risk conditions and vaccination recommendations
Angela Newbound is an Immunisation Education Consultant based in South Australia, and is a member of the Immunisation Coalition. She has been involved in immunisation program delivery in South Australia for over 20 years, originally as an immunisation provider and in program coordinator roles within the Divisions of General Practice, SA Health Immunisation Section, the Medicare Local Network and presently the Primary Health Network. Angela provides clinical advice, support and education to a wide range of immunisation providers across South Australia and contributes to the development of immunisation resources to assist providers with challenging aspects of the immunisation program.
Dr. Andrew Minton, PhD