Invasive Meningococcal Disease is here in the community.
On completion of this educational activity, attendees will be able to:
- Review the epidemiology of Invasive Meningococcal Disease (IMD) in Australia
- Identify the serotypes causing IMD and presentation trends according to the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System
- Describe who is eligible for free Meningococcal ACWY and B on the NIP schedule
- Review recent reimbursement changes for Meningococcal B in SA and QLD
- Describe the impact of vaccination practices on IMD rates if other States followed a MenB free vaccination program, additional to the current NIP schedule
Presented by Professor Robert Booy
Robert is an infectious diseases paediatrician. Since 2005 he has worked at the University of Sydney in the fields of vaccinology, epidemiology, and infectious diseases.
He is currently a Senior Professorial Fellow at the University of Sydney Children’s Hospital Westmead Clinical School, and Chair of the IC Scientific Advisory Committee.
From 2005 to 2019 he held the position of Head of Clinical Research at the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance (NCIRS) at Westmead Children’s Hospital and remains an Affiliate of NCIRS.
Moderator: Dr Andrew Baird
Andrew is a General Practitioner in Elwood, Melbourne and a tutor in Professional Practice for medical students at University of Melbourne. He has a background in rural general practice. His interests are in general practice and medical education.
Evaluation Form Meningococcal Disease Update Webinar 2024