The Immunisation Coalition is holding its Annual Scientific Meeting on Sunday 2nd and Monday 3rd February 2020, in Melbourne at the Parkroyal Airport Hotel.
Presentations will be relevant for all health care professionals with a special interest in influenza.
Sunday evening presentations will include:
- Review of 2019 influenza season in Australia
- A GP perspective of 2019 flu season
- Review the use of enhanced vaccines in Australia
- Australian paediatric influenza programs
- Update on VE of currently available vaccines
- 1918-19 pandemic and effects on western art
- Flu immunity for dummies
- Immune imprinting
- Influenza immunity
- Obesity as a risk factor
- A survey of current influenza vaccination in Australia
- Strategies for flu outbreak control
- Rapid detection of influenza
- Universal vaccines
- Pneumococcal disease
- RSV vaccines
Presenters will include:
Ian Barr, Chris Blyth, Robert Booy, Allen Cheng, Ben Cowling, Nigel Crawford, Dominic Dwyer, Paul Griffin, Tony Korman, Sarah Londrigan, Kristine Macartney, Rod Pearce, Richard Pebody, Luregn Schlapbach, Kirsty Short, Kanta Subbarao, Sheena Sullivan, Mallory Trent
Overview: The Sunday dinner event is designed to incorporate networking opportunities, review of the 2019 influenza season in Australia and other presentations. This is a popular meeting with in-depth, up-to-date information on the topics of influenza and pneumococcal disease and, due to increasing interest in this event, more places will be made available for the Sunday dinner and presentations through the purchase of tickets.
Monday sessions remain free and will include immunity, public health and research updates.
A draft program is available here
Refund Policy is available here