Immunisation Coalition 2018 Webinar: What is new in pertussis vaccination?
When: Wednesday, 19th September 2018
Time: 7:00pm AEST
Where: Online – join via your computer!
Your Host: Angela Newbound
About the Webinar
In 2017, 12,184 cases of pertussis were reported to the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System (NNDSS) in Australia. 47% of these notifications were in children under 15 years of age.
With the latest facts about pertussis in Australia, this webinar covers everything you need to know about the available vaccines in 2018.
- Cause, transmission and symptoms
- The severe complications, which occur almost exclusively in unvaccinated people
- Vaccine efficacy
- Special risk groups
- How to create a circle of protection for infants
- Benefits of vaccination of pregnant women
- Free catch up vaccinations for certain groups
Pertussis is a highly contagious bacterial infection affecting the respiratory system and can cause severe illness and death. Children under 6 months of age who get whooping cough, usually require hospitalisation.
Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance for the 2018 Pertussis Webinar will be available on request after the event.